The best ever Toasted Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies! This cookies are delicious, big, soft and chewy and so easy to make. This recipe only requires a handful of ingredients, a few minutes to come together and a super quick chill time. You’ll have your hands on these delicious cookies in no time.
Chocolate chip cookies with almonds
I love adding nuts to chocolate chip cookies, it adds a nice crunch and a amazing flavor. These cookies are packed with chocolate chunks, and warm toasty almonds. Baked to perfection, these cookies are soft, chewy with ever so slightly crisped edges.
What’s in Toasted Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Almonds
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Egg Yolk
- Chopped Chocolate Chunks
- Chocolate Chips
How to make these cookies
Before you start, it’s important to make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread whole almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Roughly chop the almonds then set aside.
- In a stand mixer, creamer together the sugar, brown sugar and butter for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg yolk and egg one at a time then add your vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the almonds, chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- With a medium scoop, scoop cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Allow the cookies to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Once ready to bake, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8- 10 minutes or until completely cooked through.
Toasting the almonds for these cookies is super important! It only takes a few minutes and can even be done the night before if your in a time crunch! I like to take the toasted whole almonds so I can crush them up just enough to get a toasted almond piece in every bite.
- Have all of your ingredients at room temperature before starting.
- Toast almonds ahead of time.
- Use butter and not margarine.
- Allow your cookies to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Can I make cookies ahead of time?
Yes! These cookies would be perfectly fine made the day before and then baked when ready to eat.
Why do I need to chill the cookie dough?
I would highly recommend chilling the dough prior to baking. Allowing the dough to chill ahead of time allows the butter to solidify and helps make sure your cookies don’t spread too much.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Toasted Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft chewy chocolate chip cookies loaded with toasted almonds.
- 1/2 cup Whole Almonds
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chunks ( Semi-Sweet) chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toast the almonds for 5-6 minutes. After cooled, chop roughly.
2. In a bowl, place the flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar for 3 minutes. Add in egg and egg yolk. Add in vanilla extract.
4. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Remove from the stand mixer and fold in the chopped almonds, chocoalte chips and chocolate chunks.
5. Using a medium size scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
6. When ready to bake, place the cookies 2 inches apart on a sheet pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- It’s important to allow the cookie dough time to chill so the butter can solidify. Doing this will help make sure your cookies don’t spread too much.
- Allow your ingredients to come to room temperature before using.
- You can use store bought chocolate chunks or chop a chocolate baking bar.