There is seriously nothing better than a nice thick stack of pancakes in the morning. This quick and easy pancake recipe are perfectly fluffy, thick, and come out beautifully golden brown.
How to make quick and easy pancakes
The trick to perfect pancakes is the batter. If your batter is too thick, your going to end up with a undercooked pancake. If it’s too runny, it will be so hard to flip and won’t be thick and fluffy. Before pouring the batter into your skillet, test it out. I like to take a spoon and scooping up some batter and letting it run back in to the bowl. The batter should be thick but should run smoothly back in to the bowl.
How to cook fluffy pancakes
- Preheat a non stick pan or griddle on medium heat, once the pan is hot lower it to medium low heat. Grease the pan with a little butter, about a teaspoon at a time.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter onto the greased pan into a circular motion to ensure you get a uniform round pancake.
- Allow the pancakes to cook… I know, I know, this is the hardest part but trust me, you don’t want to rush them. You will know the pancakes are ready to flip when little bubbles form and start to pop. Once you flip them, you should have a beautiful golden top. Allow the pancakes to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Can I freeze pancakes?
Yes! These quick and easy pancake recipe can definitely be frozen which make them the perfect weekday breakfast. Allow the pancakes to cool completely then lay a piece of parchment between the pancakes for easier removal. Stack in groups of 3, then wrap in plastic wrap and place in a ziploc bag.
You can reheat pancakes 3 different ways!
- Heat in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Microwave for 20-40 seconds.
- If your in a hurry, the toaster is another great option too.
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
Quick and Easy Pancake Recipe
Perfectly fluffly, golden brown pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Butter Set aside for cooking.
1. In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Add in the butter, milk and egg into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, some lumps are perfectly fine.
2. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle on medium heat. Once hot, turn down to medium low heat. Add a teaspoon of butter to the pan using a 1/4 cup scoop.
3. Allow the pancakes to cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear and pop on the surface. Once you see the bubbles, flip onto the other side. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
4. Serve warm with maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit or just eat them plain.