This Peaches and Cream Croissant French Toast Bake is so delicious and so easy to make! Packed with peach preserves and cream cheese, it’s perfect for your next brunch!
What sets this french toast apart?
This Peaches and Cream Croissant French Toast Bake is on a whole other level! Made with flaky croissants, peach preserves, cream cheese and a cinnamon spiced custard. It surely is the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch.
How is the Peaches and Cream Croissant French Toast Bake Made?
- Croissants: Day old croissants work best for this recipe because they hold the liquid much better. You can also toast the croissants for about 5 minutes on 350 to get them to dry out a bit. Cut the croissants in half length wise then ripped pieces apart.
- Custard: The base of this recipe starts out with a cinnamon custard. Eggs, sugar, milk , cinnamon and nutmeg come together to make this french toast amazing.
- Peach Preserves: I used the Smuckers Peach Preserves, but you can certainly use store brand or whatever you have on hand.
- Cream Cheese: Cut into small chunks to ensure that you can get a good bite size piece with each serving.
What type of croissants can I use?
For this recipe, I used the croissants I found in my grocers bakery. I used the mini croissants but you can certainly use the large croissants and just cut them up into smaller pieces. I had about 12 mini croissants, so if using the large size, I would recommend 7-8 croissants.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can certainly prep this entire casserole the night prior. Simply put all of your ingredients in the casserole dish greased with butter, then cover tightly with plastic wrap. When ready to bake the next morning, simply pull the plastic wrap off, and bake for 50-55 minutes.
How long will the Peaches and Cream Croissant French Toast Bake last?
Hopefully you won’t need to worry about leftovers because everyone would’ve gobbled it all up. But if not, simply place in the fridge in a airtight Tupperware. Eat within 1-2 days.
How many servings does this make?
This recipe will yield about 8 servings so this perfect to take to your next brunch!
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Easy Carrot Coffee Cake
- Lemon Coconut Cupcakes
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
Peaches and Cream Croissant French Toast Bake
Flaky croissants soaked in a cinnamon spiced custard, topped with Peach Preserves with Cream Cheese.
- 10 cups Roughly torn Croissants
- 6 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt Pinch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk, heavy cream, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Place torn croissants in the mixture.
3. Arrange half of the soaked croissants into a greased 9×13 pan. Dollop preserves and cream cheese over the croissants. Layer the remaining soaked croissants then dollop with cream cheese and preserves. If you still have egg mixture left, simply pour over the croissants.
4. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes or overnight. If baking the same day, place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. If the top is getting too brown too quickly, cover with foil until completely done.
5. Serve the french toast warm, topped with fresh peaches, whipped cream, maple syrup and other summery berries.