These Salted Caramel Brownies are fudgy, chocolaty and loaded topped with a homemade salted caramel. They truly are the best and so delicious!
What Makes these Salted Caramel Brownies so delicious?
The Salted Caramel brownies start out with a chocolaty fudgy batter, then topped with a delicious sea salted caramel. The caramel makes for the perfect addition to the brownies due to the sea salt. Using a really good chocolate in this recipe is also key to having that amazing chocolate flavor. Seriously, good chocolate makes all the difference.
How to make the brownies?
- Butter, Chocolate and Cocoa Powder: The 3 ingredients create the base for the brownies. These three ingredients are melted together to form a luscious chocolate base.
- Sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt: Whisk the ingredients together for at least 5-7 minutes. This will help get that crinkly top for the brownies. The cooled chocolate mixture is then poured into the egg mixture.
- Flour: After the chocolate and egg mixture are combined, pour the flour into the batter last.
- Salted Caramel: The sugar is placed in a heavy bottomed pot over medium low heat. Be sure to keep an eye on the sugar so it doesn’t burn. Once the sugar becomes amber in color, cut the stove off, add butter and cream slowly. Be careful as the caramel will bubble up. Whisk until smooth.
Let the Brownies cool.
I know, I know! This is truly the hardest part but it is so important to let them cool. Give the brownies time to settle and to become cohesive before cutting. By cutting them too early, the brownies will likely fall apart.
A good test to see if the brownies are cool enough is to touch the pan. If its slightly cool to the touch, baby go ahead and cut them!
How long will the brownies stay fresh?
Because the brownies are so fudgy, they will keep for several days. But the first day will be the absolute freshest. Here are a few tricks to keep them fresh for a few extra days.
- Only cut the number of brownies you plan on eating that day.
- Keep the brownies in a airtight container and they will keep for about 3-4 days.
Salted Caramel Brownies
Fudgy brownies, swirled with a luscious salted caramel.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Flaky Seasalt
- 1 cup Butter
- 4 oz Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1. In a heavy bottom pot, pour sugar.
2. Continue to cook sugar, making sure to stir with a rubber spatula to ensure the sugar is cooking evenly. Sugar will form clumps, that's ok it will melt eventually.
3. Once sugar because a amber color, add in the butter. Shut off the heat and add in heavy cream slowly so the caramel won't start to bubble. Once it cools, add in flaky sea salt.
4. Once Caramel cools, place into an airtight container in the fridge.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, whisk sugar, vanilla and eggs for 6-8 minutes. While this is mixing, melt the butter, chocolate and cocoa powder together. Let cool slightly.
3. Pour the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture. Then add in the flour and salt.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch square pan. Dollop Salted Caramel on top of the batter. Use a knife to create a swirling effect with the caramel.