A quick and easy blueberry cheese danish with flaky puff pastry topped with sweetened cream cheese and blueberries. The perfect breakfast for a crowd.
Give me anything blueberry for breakfast and I’m a happy girl! This blueberry cheese danish with puff pastry make me so happy. Flaky puff pastry topped with sweetened cream cheese and blueberries then drizzled with a sugary glaze. A crowd pleasing recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch! Oh, and I forgot to mention, it’s only 4 ingredients.
Ingredients for Blueberry Danish
- Frozen Blueberries
- Cream Cheese
- Puff Pastry
How to make
Y’all, when I tell you that this recipe is super easy and simple! You’ll be enjoying these easy blueberry cheese danish pastries in no time.
- Allow your puff pastry to come to room temperature before unrolling. Go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 while you wait.
- In a medium sauce pot, bring blueberries and sugar to a boil then drop down to simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese with sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- At this point, the puff pastry should be room temperature and ready for use. Unroll one sheet of pastry and cut into 9 equal rectangular pieces.
- Spread an even layer of the cream cheese mixture, top with blueberries. Brush the edges of the pastries with egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with glaze and enjoy!
Can I use fresh blueberries for cheese danish?
Of course! I just happened to have frozen blueberries in my freezer so that’s what I used but fresh blueberries are perfectly fine here. Just follow the rest of the instructions as stated.
Tips for perfect puff pastry danish
- Allow your pastry to come to room temp before using. The pastry will crack and break apart if too cold when using.
- Be sure your blueberry sauce has reduced and thickened. If the blueberry jam is still watery it will run all over the pastry.
- For thicker cream cheese layer: I would suggest making a double batch of the cream cheese mix.
Looking for more blueberry recipes?
Check out these Blueberry Muffins!
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1. Remove puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw before using. While the pastry is thawing, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. In a medium sauce pan, combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice to a pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to medium-low heat and allow the blueberries to reduce to half and thicken. Set aside and allow to cool just a bit before using. 3. After the puff pastry has thawed, cut the pastry into 9 each rectangles. With a knife, score the dough along the edges. 4. Mix Cream Cheese and sugar together until well combined. Spoon an even amount of cream cheese filling onto each pastry. Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of blueberries over the cream cheese mixture. 5. Whisk the egg and water together then brush the edges of the pastry. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. 6. While the danish are baking, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together. 7. As soon as the pastries come out of the oven, drizzle with glaze and enjoy while warm!