Flaky and buttery Easy Popeyes Strawberry Biscuit Recipe packed with macerated strawberries and drizzled with icing. You’ll want to make these over and over again!
By now I’m sure you’ve seen the viral Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits all over social media! They are a seasonal item and go pretty fast at the restaurant, at least at the locations near me. Now before I tried the biscuits I figured they were just all hype, but after trying them they definitely are good when fresh! Here lays the problem…. have you ever had a Popeyes biscuit that’s a few hours old? They tend to get dry and just a little hard so you typically have to microwave them for a few seconds to soften them back up. Well this Easy Strawberry Biscuits Recipe are better and you can make them at home anytime.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Now yes you could certainly run to your nearest Popeyes to grab a few of these biscuits but have you seen Popeyes Biscuit prices lately?! The seasonal strawberry biscuit is $2 for 1… that’s crazy! With this recipe, you’ll get 12-13 biscuits for less than $2. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients which majority you should have in your cabinets as they are kitchen staples.
- All Purpose Flour: Be sure the flour is not packed in the baking cup and that it is leveled. Adding more flour then needed will greatly change the outcome of the biscuit.
- Butter: The butter should be super cold. I like to pop mines in the freezer for about 5- 10 minutes.
- Buttermilk: You’ll also want your buttermilk super cold. I like to pull it out of the fridge right before I’m going to mix it into the flour.
- Baking Powder +Baking Soda: This will help the biscuits rise.
- Salt: Will give the biscuits flavor and also balance out the sweetness from the strawberries and sugar.
- Sugar: Just a little sugar goes a long way in this recipe. It adds just a touch of sweetness to the flavor of the biscuit. We also use the sugar to macerate the strawberries, which also add a good amount of sweetness to the recipe.
- Vanilla Glaze: After the biscuits come out of the oven, drizzle with a quick glaze.
Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits Recipe
This recipe is the perfect spring brunch staple. They are moist, buttery, flaky and so delicious biscuits packed with fresh and ripe strawberries. Super easy to make and this recipe only requires a handful of ingredients. Now, you certainly don’t need to drizzle the biscuits with that glaze but I’m telling you, you won’t regret it. Just like the biscuits at Popeyes, these are served warm with a delicious vanilla glaze. We are trying to make these as close to Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits as possible so the glaze really helps this copycat popeyes biscuit recipe.
Tips for perfect biscuits
- Work with super cold butter. Cube the butter and place it in the freezer for 5 minutes while you get the rest of the ingredients together.
- Don’t overwork the dough. Overworking the dough could result in a dry and crumbly biscuit.
- Serve Warm. Ok so these biscuits are amazing room temperature but having them warmed just really takes them up a notch.
- Have your oven preheated and ready to go. You don’t want to let your butter sit out too long at room temperature and softened up.
- Save for later. You can certainly make these ahead but following all of the steps besides baking. Place biscuits on a parchment lined sheet, freeze the place in gallon size freezer bag.
Looking for more biscuit recipes?
Check out these Raspberry Shortcake Biscuits or Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits.
Copycat Popeyes Strawberry Biscuits
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Cutter
- 2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour Plus 2 Tablespoons for flouring surface
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries cut and diced
- 1 teaspoon Heavy Cream to brush the tops of biscuits
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Milk
- 1. Cut and cube butter then place butter in the freezer for 5 minutes while you gather and measure the remaining ingredients.2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. 3. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar until well combined. 4. Using the pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until pea sized pieces form. 5. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and mix in the buttermilk. Stir until just combined then add in diced strawberries. 6. Place the dough onto a floured surface then press all of the dough together. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough until 1 inch thick. Fold the dough into itself then roll into 1 inch thick rectangle again. 7. Using a biscuit cutter, cut biscuits then place on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Be sure the biscuits are all touching to help each rise properly. Pop in the freezer for 5 minutes while the oven continues to preheat.8. Brush lightly with heavy cream then bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. 9. Once cooled, make the glaze by mixing powdered sugar and milk together. Drizzle over warm biscuits and enjoy!
Leave a Reply