Moist and chewy soft baked cookies are the best! These browned butter coconut chocolate chip cookies are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be but made even better. Packed with coconut and chocolate chips and loaded with tons of brown butter flavor.
Chocolate chip cookies but make them brown butter chocolate chip cookies with coconut. These cookies pack an unbelievable flavor from the toasty butter then the cookie is packed with coconut and chocolate chips.
These Cookies are:
- So delicious
- Toasty and nutty
- Packed with chocolate
- Chewy and soft
What you’ll need
- Unsalted Butter: The butter will be browned and will give the cookies delicious flavor
- Brown Sugar: More brown sugar is used to give the cookies their soft and chewy texture
- Sugar: A small amount of granulated sugar is used but helps with the overall sweetness of the cookie
- Vanilla: Adds extra flavor to the cookie dough
- Eggs: Helps give the cookies structure
- All Purpose Flour: Unbleached all purpose flour is used in this recipe but bleached all purpose will work fine too.
- Baking Soda: Helps the cookies spread just enough
- Salt: Balances it out the sweet
- Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips: I used a Semi-Sweet baking bar to get those melty pools of chocolate
- Coconut: Sweetened shredded coconut gets folded into the cookie dough for an amazing cookie
How to Make Browned Butter
In a medium heavy bottomed pot, melt 2 sticks of unsalted butter over medium heat. The butter will start to foam and sizzle. You’ll know when the brown butter is done when the butter turns a deep brown and the sizzle of the butter stops. Immediately remove it from the stove and pour into a heat safe bowl and allow to cool for 20 minutes before popping the bowl into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remember to scrape all of those brown butter bits into the bowl also.
How to make Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a stand mixer, cream the brown butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time followed by vanilla. With the mixer on low, add in the all purpose flour, salt and baking soda until fully combined. Stop the mixer and fold in chopped chocolate and coconut until completely combined. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place cookies 2 inches apart on sheet pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!
How to store cookies
Store cookies in an airtight container to ensure maximum freshness and to keep cookies soft.
Can I freeze cookie dough
Absolutely! Having a freezer stash of cookie dough is the best especially when your sweet tooth comes calling. Pull out your desired amount and allow to come to room temperature. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- Have all of your ingredients out at room temperature
- Allow the brown butter to cool and solidify before using
- It’s important to not walk away from the brown butter as it will burn quickly
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Brown Butter Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft, chewy baked brown butter cookies loaded with coconut and chocolate chunks.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter cubed
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or chunks
- 1 cup Shredded sweetened Coconut
1. In a heavy bottomed pot, melt cubed butter over medium low heat. Stir occasionally to allow for even cooking. Butter will sizzle and pop from time to time and that's perfectly fine. Once the sizzle stops and butter is a deep golden brown, transfer to a heat proof bowl. Be sure to scrape all the brown bits into the bowl as well. Allow to cool for 20 minutes on the countertop then transfer to the refrigerator to allow the butter to solidify for at least 30 minutes before using.
2. In a stand mixer, cream together the browned butter, sugar and brown sugar together for 3-5 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on medium low, add in eggs one at a time then add vanilla extract.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Lastly add the chocolate chips and coconut until completely combined.
4. Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
5. Once ready to bake, space cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 9-11 minutes.