Coffee cake but make it funfetti! This moist and fluffy funfetti coffee cake is super simple to make, has a super moist crumb and absolutely perfect with a big cup of coffee!
Is there anything better than freshly baked coffee cake in the morning? Nope, it’s probably one of my favorite things ever! This coffee cake is ridiculously easy to make and such a fun breakfast or brunch.
This coffee cake is:
- Moist and fluffy
- Packed with colorful sprinkles
- So easy to make
- Topped with a streusel topping
- The perfect breakfast
Ingredients for Coffee Cake
- All Purpose Flour: Using all purpose flour will hold the cake together but also won’t make it dry.
- Baking Powder: Helps the cake rise.
- Salt: Helps balance out the sweet.
- Sugar: All the sweetness the cake needs.
- Unsalted Butter: Helps give the cake a tender and buttery crumb.
- Vegetable Oil: This is what will give the coffee cake a nice moist texture.
- Sour Cream: Creates a moist and fluffy cake.
- Milk: Adds moistness to the cake.
- Eggs: Adds structure and helps the cake rise.
- Vanilla: Gives the cake warmth and flavor.
- Sprinkles: It’s best to use regular sprinkles or jimmies for this recipe and not sequins.
- Brown Sugar: This will be used for the crumble topping.
- Cinnamon: This will also be used for the streusel topping.
How to make coffee cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x 3 inch pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, all purpose, cinnamon and sprinkles. Set Aside.
- Mix together the butter, vegetable oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract then scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in half of the wet ingredients and half of the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the 9 inch pan then sprinkle the streusel topping over.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Can I make coffee cake ahead of time
Of course! If you’re making it the night before serving, be sure to wrap the coffee cake tightly in plastic wrap then store in a ziplock bag after it has completely cooled. If your making this a few days prior, bake as recommended then allow to cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap then place in ziplock back, freeze until ready to serve.
Can I freeze coffee cake?
Yes! Be sure to wrap it tightly. Freeze for up to one month. Once ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for at least 2-3 hours.
How to get moist and fluffy funfetti coffee cake everytime
- Don’t overmix
- Be sure not to measure all ingredients properly
- Don’t skip the sour cream
- Have all of your ingredients at room temperature to avoid over mixing
- Don’t overbake.
- Once the coffee cake is done allow it to sit in the pan for at least 25 minutes before removing.
Looking for More coffee cake recipes?
Moist and Fluffy Funfetti Coffee Cake
Moist coffee cake packed with funfetti sprinkles.
Funfetti Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup Grandulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Sour Cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup Milk roon temperature
- 3/4 cup Funfetti Sprinkles
Sprinkle Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Grandulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon unsalted Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Funfetti Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×3 inch cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamom, and sprinkles together for the struesel.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together then set aside. Combine the milk, sour cream, and vanilla together, set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the sugar, unsalted butter and vegetable oil together for 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the bowl then add the eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla.
5. Pour in half of the wet ingredients then half of the dry, mix until just combined on medium speed. Add the remaning wet and dry ingredients then mix until combine being sure not to over mix.
6. Stop the mixer and fold in the sprinkles.
7. Pour the batter into the cake pan, then add the streusel on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.