There is nothing better than a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie, but adding in a few extra ingredients can make for a truly amazing cookie. These Salted Caramel Peanut Chocolate Chip cookies are both sweet and salty, soft, chewy and slightly crunch from the caramel. So freakin good!
Chocolate chip cookies are a staple in my household. We seriously have a batch of fresh baked cookies on hand at any given time. I love adding different things to my cookie dough to really make them special and these Salted Caramel CC cookies are just that. These cookies have become a new favorite and I’m sure they will be for you too!
These cookies are
- Soft and Chewy
- Slightly crisped edges
- Puddles of melted chocolate
- Loaded with Caramel Bits
- Packed with Roasted Peanuts
- Hard to only eat one
What do I need to make these cookies
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Hardened Caramel (See Recipe Below)
- Chopped Chocolate
- Flaky Sea Salt
For this recipe, you’re going to need to make caramel. The caramel will need to be cooked to a high temperature, I would highly recommend a candy thermometer. Place a 1/2 cup of sugar into a heavy bottomed pot with a teaspoon of water. It helps to have a pastry brush and a cup of water to brush down the sides and to remove any sugar that may have accumulated on the sides. Cook the sugar to soft crack stage, 270-290 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the caramel into an even thin layer on a parchment lined baking sheet, then allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before breaking apart. Break into small bite sized pieces for the cookies.
How to make salted caramel peanut chocolate chip cookies
To get started, pull your butter and eggs out ahead of time to allow the ingredients to get to room temperature. Make the caramel and give that time to cool. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar together for 3-5 minutes. Add in vanilla then eggs one at a time, allowing to fully incorporate after each addition. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stop the mixer and fold in the peanuts, broken caramel pieces and chopped chocolate. Scoop the cookie dough onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper using a medium scoop. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but up to 2 days. Once ready to bake, place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place your butter and eggs on the counter at least an hour before starting to allow the ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Let your cookies chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Be sure to space your cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet to allow room for spreading.
- Use chopped chocolate for the cookie to get those melty pools of chocolate.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Salted Caramel Peanut Chocolate Chip
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies packed with caramel pieces, peanuts and chocolate.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1 /2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2/3 cup Caramel Pieces
- 1/2 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 cup Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Flaky Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Water
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, add in sugar and 1 teaspoon of water. Have a cup of water and a pastry brush on hand so you can wash down the sides to remove any extra sugar.
2. Melt sugar and allow to cook until it reaches 270 degrees. This is called the soft crack stage and caramel will be a copper color. While the sugar is cooking, line a baking sheet with parchment, then set aside.
3. Once the caramel is done, pour the caramel into a thin even layer on the lined baking sheet. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before breaking apart.
Salted Caramel Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition. Add in the vanilla and mix for 20- 30 seconds.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt mixing until just combined. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the peanuts, caramel bits and chopped chocolate until just incorporated.
4. Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet then chill for at least 30 minutes but up to 2 days.
5. Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Allow your cookies to come to room temperature just slightly before baking. Bake the cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
6. Serve with a scoop of ice cream of a glass of your favorite milk!