These Banana Nut Chocolate Chunk Muffins are moist and make for the best breakfast. Quick and easy to make! The perfect amount of banana, walnuts and chocolate make these the perfect breakfast on the go.
How to make these Banana Nut Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Muffins are quite possibly one of my favorite things to make. They are so easy to make and the batter comes together in just a few minutes. They truly are the perfect breakfast or snack on the go. For this Banana Nut Muffin Recipe I used the Muffin Method to mix them up. I combined the dry ingredients in one bowl then added the wet ingredients to another bowl.
I make sure to add the sugar with the wet ingredients to get it fully incorporated with the oil and eggs. Next, take the wet ingredients and pour it over the dry ingredients. Then, mix it all together until just combined. Be sure not to over mix your batter.
What Makes these Banana Nut Muffins so good
One of the things that sets these banana nut muffins apart is that they are loaded with walnuts and chocolate chips. They are so moist from the Sour Cream and Oil. It really is a incredibly delicious muffin.
Substitutions for the milk or sour cream
If having dairy is not your thing, you can definitely swap out the dairy milk with either almond or soy milk.
If you don’t have sour cream on hand or simply don’t want to use it, you can definitely use greek yogurt.
Can I swap out the oil for butter?
Sure thing! The muffins will still be incredibly delicious because butter duh! But the muffins won’t stay moist as long.
How to get that Bakery Style Muffin
In order to get that signature dome top as you would from a bakery muffin, the trick is the oven temp. I bump the temperature up to 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes, then drop it back down to 350. This helps the muffins rise pretty quickly for that signature muffin dome.
Types of chocolate to use
For this recipe I used semi sweet chocolate chips but you can certainly use semi sweet chunks or milk chocolate chunks or chips.
If your interested in making these or any other recipe, check these out!
- Baked Peach Cobbler French Toast
- Easy Blueberry Cheese Danish Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Biscuits (Popeyes Copycat Recipe)
- The Best Banana Pudding Pound Cake
- Black Bottom Cheesecake Recipe
Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mixing Bowls
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Ripe Banana Mashed
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2. Grab two bowls, in bowl measure out the flour and baking powder. In the other bowl mix the sugar, eggs, oil, milk, and banana.3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. 4. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes then drop the temperature down to 350 degrees and bake for the remaining 18-20 minutes.