These Dipped Ice Cream Bars are a fun and delicious summer treat for all age groups. The possibilities are so endless with this recipe. With just a few ingredients, you are on your way to having a delicious summer treat.
What type of Ice Cream to use?
You can use whatever ice cream your heart desires. In the mood for just vanilla or chocolate…perfect! Or is Rocky Road more of your thang?! Go for it. Seriously this recipe is versatile and easy. Don’t be afraid to switch it up.
Ice Cream Mold
I purchased the Ice Cream mold off of Amazon. I thought the mold would be bigger but essentially its like a mini mold. They do have other sizes so I would suggest finding a bigger mold if you want a bigger size.
Here is the link for the ice cream molds.
How to Make
Take your ice cream mold and press your favorite ice cream into each cavity, being sure to press in firmly with a spoon. Once you have half of the ice cream into each cavity, push the wooden stick into each slot. Next fill the cavity until full with the ice cream. Next Dip in the Magic Shell and place into the freezer as quickly as possible.
This is probably my favorite part. As a kid I was so mesmerized with the magic shell sauce when it appeared in stores. I seriously couldn’t figure out how the chocolate hardened up “magically”. Talk about mind blown when I figured out it only takes two ingredients to actually make the “magic shell”. Just Chocolate and Coconut Oil!!!!!
- Pop your filled ice cream molds in the freezer for at least 2 hours before dipping. Overnight is best!
- Ensure your chocolate is room temperature before dipping.
- Be sure to stir the chocolate to make sure it is all melted.
- When taking the ice cream out of the molds, push from the back side gently.
- Be sure to work as quick as you can!
- Try to have a sheet pan in the freezer so you can easily transfer the ice cream bars when done dipping.
Dipped Ice Cream Bars
Your favorite ice cream dipped in a chocolaty coating and topped with your favorite ice cream toppings.
- 2 cups Ice Cream
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1. Press half of your favorite ice cream into each mold. Push the Popsicle stick in, then add the rest of the ice cream until each mold is full.
2. Place the mold in the freezer for 2 hours or more.
3. About 30 minutes before you get ready to dip the ice creams, make the magic shell chocolate.
1. Pour the chocolate and the coconut oil into a microwavable safe bowl. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds until fully melted.
2. Let cool fully before dipping the ice cream.
3. Once all ice cream bars have been dipped, place them back in the freezer for about 10 minutes.