S’mores but make it cake! This moist and fluffy s’mores bundt cake is the perfect twist on such a classic summer treat. A graham cracker flavored cake topped with a chocolate ganache and a marshmallow-y meringue.
S’mores are definitely on the top of my list for favorite desserts in the summer, but how about a S’more Bundt Cake with all the traditional flavors of a classic s’mores treat. I’m so excited to share this recipe with y’all as it’s one of my favorite bundt cakes to date. A perfectly moist graham cracker flavored cake that’s not to dense but has the perfect crumb, then topped with an easy ganache. The ganache can be made with milk chocolate if semi-sweet really isn’t your thing, then this bundt cake gets topped with a marshmallow meringue that is piled high and torched to perfection.
S’mores Bundt Cake is:
- Easy to make
- No mixer required
- Topped with chocolate ganache
- Topped with a fluffy marshmallow meringue
What do I need to make this bundt cake?
- 12 cup Bundt Pan
- 2 bowls, one medium and one large.
- Stand Mixer or hand mixer
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Granulated and Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream
- Whole Milk
- Baking Powder
How to make bundt cake?
To make this S’mores Bundt Cake you’ll need either a stand mixer and a bowl for the dry ingredients. If you don’t have a stand mixer, two bowls will work perfectly here.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar together for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time then the vanilla. In a separate bowl measure out the flour, baking powder, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and salt together. Measure out the milk and sour cream in a separate bowl. Add half of the flour into the mixing bowl with the butter/sugar. Mix until well combined. Next add in the all of the milk/sour cream followed by the remaining dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Pour the batter into a greased 12 cup bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before adding on ganache and meringue.
This moist and fluffy s’mores bundt cake gets a later of chocolate ganache because after all this is a s’mores dessert. I used semi-sweet chocolate however milk chocolate would be absolutely perfect here also.
Easy Meringue Topping
The meringue layer is not only beautiful on this cake but it really takes it over the top. Sugar, salt and egg whites are cooked over a water bath until it reaches 150 degrees. Place hot mixture into a stand mixer and whip on high until stiff peaks form
How to store bundt cake
Because this bundt cake has ganache and meringue on top, I would suggest storing in a cake carrier then placing in the fridge to keep fresh. Covering with the cake carrier will also ensure the cake doesn’t dry out. The bundt cake will stay for up to 3 days if stored properly.
Tips for the perfect cake:
- Be sure not to over mix
- Work with room temperature ingredients
- Grease the bundt pan, make sure every crease is covered.
- Allow the cake to sit in the pan for at least 30 minutes before turning over to remove.
Looking for more bundt cake recipes?
Moist and Fluffy S’mores Bundt Cake
A delicious graham cracker cake topped with chocolate ganache and meringue.
Graham Cracker Cake
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 24 tablespoon Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream warmed
- 4 oz Semi-sweet or Milk Chocolate chopped
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Graham Cracker Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. In a bowl, sift together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt together than set aside. In a seperate bowl mix together the sour cream and milk until well combined , set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, next add in vanilla.
3. To the bowl of the stand mixer, add half of the flour mixture then mix until well combined. Next add in all of the milk/ sour cream mixture. Lastly, add the rest of the flour.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
1. Place chopped chocolate in a bowl then set aside until the heavy cream is ready.
2. Heat heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second increments until hot but not boiling then immediately pour over chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes then stir until smooth. Pour over cooled bundt cake.
1. Pour about 1-2 inches of water into a heavy bottomed sauce pot then place a heat proof bowl directly over the pot but making sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
2. Stir together the egg whites, sugar and salt together. Continue to stir until the mixture has thinned out, the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is very warm to the touch.
3. Pour into a clean bowl of a stand mixer and whip on medium high for 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
4. Spoon evenly over the ganache.
5. With a handheld torch, gently torch the meringue.
6. Slice and enjoy!