Thick, velvety gingerbread cheesecake loaded with all the traditional flavors of a gingerbread cookie. The cheesecake has a delicious pecan graham cracker crust. The best for your Christmas dessert.
About the Cheesecake
This Gingerbread Cheesecake with a Pecan-Graham Cracker Crust is the absolute perfect Christmas dessert. All the traditional flavors of a gingerbread cookie but baked into a creamy cheesecake. To really take this cheesecake over the top, the gingerbread cheesecake has a perfectly spiced pecan graham cracker crust.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Ground Pecans
How to make
To make this Gingerbread Cheesecake with a Pecan-Graham Cracker Crust, start out with room temperature ingredients. It’s super important to have room temperature ingredients so the batter is nice and smooth which will eliminate overmixing.
In a bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, sugar and butter together. Press into the bottom and up the sides a 9 inch Springform Pan.
In a stand mixer, add in the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, and spices. Add in the eggs, vanilla and molasses and mix until just combined. Add in the sour cream and mix in. Make sure to scrape down the sides to ensure everything is well combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared graham cracker crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 60-65 minutes, then cut the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour. After an hour, allow the cheesecake to cool on the countertop for 15 minutes before placing into the oven.
Pour about 1 1/2 cups of water into a small roasting pan or casserole dish. Place into the lower rack of the oven and allow the water to get hot for about 10 minutes. Place the cheesecake on the rack directly about the pan of steamy water.
For this recipe, I used pecans that were already ground but you can certainly ground them yourself if you have a food processor.
- Use room temperature ingredients, it will help create a smooth batter.
- Don’t over mix- overmixing leads to a crack cheesecake
- Don’t overbake- the cheesecake will still be slightly jiggly in the center.
- Be sure not to open the oven while the cheesecake is cooking
- Allow the cheesecake to cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours until it is completely chilled before serving.
Gingerbread Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Crust
Luscious and thick gingerbread cheesecake loaded with the traditional flavors of a gingerbread cookie.
Pecan Graham Crust
- 1 1/2 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Ground Pecan
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 24 oz Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Pour 1 1/2 cup of water in a roasting pan and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, sugar and butter together until combined. Press into a 9 in springform pan. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar. Add in the vanilla, spices and eggs. Then fold in the sour cream.
4. Pour into the 9 inch springform pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until the edges are set and the middle is slightly jiggly. Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for an hour. Be sure not to open the oven off.
5. After an hour, allow the cheesecake to cool on the countertop for 15 minutes before placing in the fridge. Let the cheesecake chill for at least 2 hours before serving.