These Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are flavor packed, delicious and bursting with melty chocolate and crunchy buttery pecans.
About these Cookies
These Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are so delicious and actually my favorite cookie on the blog! These cookies start out with browned butter then mixed with a host of ingredients to make the chewiest soft chocolate chip cookie base. Then buttery toasted pecans are folded into the cookie batter to finish off this amazing cookie.
How to Make
To start, let’s toast the pecans! In a medium pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter then add in the pecans. Toss the pecans in the melted butter for about 1-2 minutes making sure to constantly stir so the pecans won’t burn.
In a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and brown butter for about 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Pour in the dry ingredients, then chocolate chips and toasted pecans. Using a medium scoop, scoop the cookies 2 inches apart on a sheet pan.
How to Brown Butter
Next it’s time to brown the butter. Place 2 room temperature cubed sticks of butter in a medium sauce pan. Constantly stir the butter as it begins to melt to ensure it will brown evenly. The whole process should take about 5-8 minutes. It’s best to use a light colored pan so you can make sure the butter isn’t burning at the bottom. The butter will turn a golden brown, then the foam will settle slightly and you should see brown specks at the bottom of the pan. Those are the milk solids and that’s were a lot of the flavor comes from. The butter will be done browning once it turns a amber color.
What are those brown specks in brown butter?
Those lovely brown specks are the toasted milk solids and that’s what makes anything brown butter flavor so freakin’ delicious! Make sure to scrap all of those yummy bits into your cookie dough.
Can Brown Butter Burn?
YES! So it’s imperative to stay close to the stove top and to not walk away. Stirring frequently is key to ensuring it doesn’t burn and that it browns evenly. Once the crackling sounds subsides and the butter has turned an amber color, then it is done.
Do I have to toast the pecans?
You definitely don’t have too but it just makes these cookies even more incredible. Toasting the nuts really bring out the flavor of the pecans.
Brown Butter Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
A delicious nutty brown butter cookie loaded with butter pecans and chocolate chips.
- 1 cup Pecans Halved or chopped
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Butter
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Brown Butter
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips or chunks
1. In a medium pan, melt butter than add in the pecans. Coat and toss the pecans in the butter. Continue to toast for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
1. In a medium pot, melt butter.
2. Continue to stir the butter in the pot to make sure it is browning evenly for about 3-5 minutes.
3. Once the brown butter becomes an amber color and the crackling slows, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, add in the cooled brown butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix for 1- 2 minutes.
3. Add in the egg and egg yolk then vanilla.
4. Next, pour in the flour and baking soda. Then add in pecans and chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.