This easy valentine’s day board is the perfect way to celebrate with your loved one. It’s such a fun project to have your little ones help with. This board is completely customizable so grab a board, a few of your favorite sweet treats and candies to make this easy dessert board.
Dessert Charcuterie Board
When making this board, I went back and forth on whether to make anything from scratch to add to the board. I decided not to, solely because I was going for convenience here. Here are my suggestions on making a simple and easy charcuterie board.
- Use a variety of textures, colors and flavors. Crunchy, smooth, creamy, soft, chocolate, and/or fruity flavored things.
- Empty out your cabinets. Whatever you have in your pantry goes.
- Incorporate something for everyone. If you’re going to be sharing this, think about a variety of treats so others aren’t left out.
- Add in bowls. Adding bowls to the board adds height and adds interest to the bowl also. It’s a great way to have a holder for nuts, candies or dips. This is also a great way to add balance to your board so it doesn’t look too heavy one side.
- Choose your board. If you’re not planning on serving a lot of people, be sure not to use a board that’s too big. Or if you’re serving a crowd make sure it’s large enough. I used a 18 inch board.
- Filler. Fill in any empty spots with extra candies, small cookies or nuts.
Dessert Charcuterie Board Ideas
- Cookies: I used Oreos and Xoxo Valentine’s Cookies.
- Small cakes: Valentine’s Ding Dongs were a must have for this board.
- m&m’s: We used Cupid’s Mix. Pink, red and white m&m’s to keep with the theme.
- Filled Chocolate: Any type of gourmet chocolate will do. I prefer anything filled with jam, caramel or nuts.
- Fruity Candy: Fun heart shape jelly candy are so cute and kids love them.
- Reese’s: These pink covered peanut butter cups are so damn good.
Tips for an easy valentine’s day board
- Don’t over think it. Have fun with it and just add a few of your favorite things.
- Remember to add a variety of things so everyone has a little of something they like.
- You could definitely incorporate cheese or somethin savory in with your board.
- Use the correct size board. Using a board too big and you’ll need to add a lot to it in order for it to look full.
- Remember to repeat items on your board. For example, I used Oreos in 3 places the same with some of the chocolate, this helps with keeping the board balanced.
- Again, have fun with it. No matter how you assemble your board, it’s going to be awesome!
Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
Easy Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board that takes no time to put together.
- XoXo Cookies
- Jelly Candies
- Chocolate Snack Cakes
- Jam Filled Chocolate
- Caramel Filled Chocolate
1. Grab your board of choice. Start by placing any small bowls you may use on the board.
2. Arrange the bigger items first like the cookies, snack cakes or any fruit you may use.
3. Once you have the bigger items down, continue filling the board with the smaller items like candies. Don't be afraid to repeat an item to fill in the board.
4. Lastly, fill in the bowl with candies, puddings or dips. Enjoy!