Thick and fudgy double chocolate peanut butter cookies are like a Reese’s peanut butter but in a cookie. These cookies are rich and chewy, easy to make and don’t require any refrigeration time.
If you are a certified chocolate lover like me, you’re going to love these fudgy double chocolate peanut butter cookies. Double chocolate cookies made with creamy peanut butter and topped with chocolate chips. You’ll probably want to make a double batch of these because they will disappear pretty quickly.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy to make
- Doesn’t refrigeration time
- Thick and fudgy
- Made with smooth peanut butter
- Loaded with chocolate chips
What are double chocolate chip cookies?
I call these double chocolate cookies because I used both cocoa powder and chocolate chips in this cookie recipe. But I guess these could also be called peanut butter chocolate chip cookies or fudgy double chocolate peanut butter cookies.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Unsalted Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Baking soda
- Chocolate Chips
How do I make Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies?
You can either use a stand mixer or a bowl and a hand mixer. It’s best to use some sort of mixer so all of the ingredients will combine better. Since I used a stand mixer for this recipe, I started out by adding the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and sugar to the bowl. Next, cream those ingredients for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract.
Stop the mixer, then add in the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined, then pour in chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet being sure to space the cookie dough 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
What type of peanut butter to use for cookies
I prefer to use regular peanut butter such as Jif and try to steer away from using natural peanut butter because of the added oils. If you only have natural peanut butter, no worries! Just stir the peanut butter really well before adding to the batter to make sure all of the oil from the peanut butter is throughly mixed. Also note that you could possibly have a cookie that spreads a little more and your cookie might have a crispier texture if using natural peanut butter.
Now on to the next thing… Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter? Either works here! I prefer creamy but if your looking for a little texture in your cookie, then by all means go with crunchy. Both will be just as delicious.
Tips for perfect double chocolate cookies
- Use room temperature ingredients always. Using butter and eggs that are room temperature mix together so much better and will also eliminate the possibility of over mixing the dough.
- Add the peanut butter in with the butter and sugar. Incorporating it at the beginning to get it fully mixed in will make sure the peanut butter is evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- If you do chill the cookies, be sure to let them come to room temperature before baking.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Rich double chocolate cookies loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter for 3 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix until completely combined. Pour in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop cookies 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for at 10-12 minutes.