This Apple Crostata is the absolute perfect way to ring in Fall. Crisp, tart granny smith apples lined inside a buttery, flaky pie crust. Absolutely delicious!
*Please note that this post is Sponsored by Calphalon but the reviews are that of my own*
What is a Crostata?
A crostata is such a simple and easy dessert to make. A crostata is rustic dessert, usually a pie crust filled with fruit, the edges are then folded inward to hold all of the glorious filling. With just a few ingredients you can create a beautiful decadent dessert.
How do I make a crostata?
You start out with a pie dough, either homemade or store bought….no judgment here! After the pie dough is rolled into a 9 inch circle, you can fill it with the filling of your choice. In this case I’m taking apples then tossing them in cinnamon sugar, then lining them in the crostata.
- Pie Dough: Start out with homemade or store-bought pie crust. My go to is always store bought.
- Apples: I use Granny Smith apples because they have the perfectly tart flavor and hold up perfectly in this recipe.
- Sugar and Cinnamon: Sugar and cinnamon are tossed over the apples to create a beautiful and delicious dessert.
- Calphalon Performance Cool Touch Countertop Oven: This countertop oven is the holy grail! It helped my crostata come out perfectly and I didn’t have to turn my oven on.
Calphalon Performance Cool Touch Countertop Oven
- This oven has been such a huge help in the kitchen, not only am I able to bake my crostata in the oven but so many other deliciousness has been made in it. Calphalon Performance Cool Touch Countertop Oven uses Quartz Heat Technology to create a consistent, even heating on the inside. It has an awesome cool touch exterior, which is AMAZING. The oven has 12 features, even a bread proofing option, which I was truly blown away about. Not only can this countertop oven do so many amazing things, it has a beautiful and sleek design that will go perfectly with any kitchen.
How to serve the Apple Crostata?
The crostata can be served on its own, however it is even better served with a nice scoop of ice cream.
How to store the Apple Crostata?
The crostata should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container because it contains fresh fruit.
Looking for more recipes?
- Easy Carrot Coffee Cake
- Lemon Coconut Cupcakes
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
Tart Crisp Apples in a flaky butter crust and drizzled with caramel and pecans.
- 1 Pre- Made Pie Crust
- 2.5 tablespoon Flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3-4 Granny Smith Apples Sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pre-Made Caramel Sauce
1. Preheat the Calphalon Premier Countertop Oven to 425 degrees.
2. Bring pie dough to room temperature. While waiting for the pie dough to come to room temperature, slice up the apples.
3. In a medium bowl, toss apple with cinnamon and sugar. Set Aside.
4. Unroll the pie dough and lay it flatly on the baking sheet. Arrange your apples laying against each other. Leave about 1/2 inch of pie dough around the edges to fold in.
5. Fold in the pie dough towards the apples. It doesn't need to be perfect at all.
6. Wet the edges with a dab of water and sprinkle with a little bit of sugar.
7. Pop the crostata in the oven for for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve Warm topped with your favorite ice cream or caramel sauce. Or in my case both!