There is nothing better than moist and fluffy chocolate cupcakes. These triple chocolate cupcakes are rich, moist, and oh so chocolaty. Now although a chocolate cupcake and chocolate frosting are amazing all on their own, we are giving these cupcakes a grown up make over by filling them with a chocolate ganache.
We are starting off with a moist chocolate cupcake, FILLING it with silky chocolate ganache, topping it with chocolate buttercream. These cupcakes are so freakin’ good and so easy to make. Minimum amount of dishes needed to make these and less than 20 minutes in the oven! Talk about a win win win.
These cupcakes are:
- Moist and fluffy
- Chocolaty and decadent
- Easy to make
- Filled with a chocolate ganche
How to make Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
Start out by measuring out all of your dry ingredients including the sugars. Next measure all of your wet ingredients and whisk together. Pour wet into the dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
Take a medium size scoop and scoop batter into prepared baking liners filling with batter about half way full. I typically do a little bit more than half, this way the cupcakes come out big and fluffy. Be sure not to overfill as the cupcakes will have crispy tops. Bake at 350 for about 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
I mean need I say more? These cupcakes are filled with a easy chocolate ganache however if you wan’t to skip this step, store bought chocolate sauce works well here too. Heat heavy cream in a microwavable safe bowl or in a heavy bottomed sauce pot until hot but not boiling. Pour over chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes then stir.
How to store cupcakes
It’s best to store the cupcakes in a airtight container to keep them moist. Because these cupcakes contain dairy in the buttercream and in the ganache, I would recommend storing in the fridge in a cake container or similar air tight container.
How many days do cupcakes stay fresh
These cupcakes are best eaten within 3 days if properly stored.
Looking for more cupcake recipes?
Try these Lemon Coconut Cupcakes
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
Moist chocolate cupcakes, filled with chocolate ganache and topped with fluffy chocolate buttercream.
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Bar Chocolate Chopped
- 1 cup Heavy Cream Hot
- 2 sticks Butter softened
- 3 1/2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk add more if frosting is too thick
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together.
3. Mix the wet into the dry. Stir until well combined being sure not to overmix.
4. Scoop batter just above half full being sure not to over fill. Using a medium size scoop works best here. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
1. Place 1 cup of chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl.
2. In a microwavable safe cup or heavy bottomed sauce pot, heat the heavy cream until very hot but not boiling.
3. Pour the hot heavy cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes.
4. Mix together until well combined.
1. Place softened butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Add in Confectioners sugar gradually, then the vanilla.
3. Add in the cocoa powder slowly, scrape down the bowl, add the milk and mix for about 5 minutes on medium speed.
4. Scrape down the bowl once more to make sure everything is properly incorporated. Mix for another 2 minutes.
** If frosting is to thick, add another 1 teaspoon of milk**
1. After the cupcakes have cooled. Cut a small hole into the top of the cupcake.
2. Pour in about a 1 teaspoon of chocolate ganache.
3. Frost with the chocolate buttercream.