So when I was a kid, my absolute favorite treat was a bowl of Vanilla Ice Cream sprinkled with Rice Krispies Cereal. It was truly one of my favorite childhood desserts and secretly I find myself eating it every now and again. Now, don’t ask me why this was even a thing, but just know it was.
I believe my aunt used to eat her ice cream this way and each time I stayed over at her house, she would be sure to make me a giant bowl of it. It is so AMAZING. The vanilla ice cream all on its on is perfect but add in the cereal it is truly something special.
Now we all know Rice Krispies are quite bland on their own but the vanilla ice cream adds a bit of extra sweetness.
I’ve taken my absolute favorite childhood dessert and fancied it up just a bit. I made a luscious no churn vanilla ice cream, folded in marshmallow fluff and rice krispies for a delicious treat.
This recipe is so easy, comes together in minutes and only requires about 4 hours of freezing time.
How to make the Ice Cream
First, place your heavy whipping cream in a mixing bowl and place in the freezer for 5 minutes or the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. You want your cream to be super cold.
Next, while the cream is chilling, Pour the marshmallow fluff, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until well combined then set aside. Pull the cream out of the freezer and whip for 1-2 minutes or until medium to stiff peaks.
Fold in the whipped cream to the fluff mixture. Then fold in the rice krispies. Place into a prepared dish and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Fold only about 1/2 cup of the Rice Krispies in the ice cream to keep them crispy.
- Place another 1/2 cup of the Rice Krispies on the top right before placing it in the freezer.
- Serve the Ice Cream with the Remaining 1 cup of Rice Krispies
No Churn Rice Krispies Vanilla Ice Cream
The perfect summer treat that comes together in minutes. Sweet Vanilla Ice Cream with Marshmallow Fluff and Rice Krispies folded in.
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 cup Rice Krispies divided
1. Place your heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow fluff.
3. Whip the heavy cream for about 1-2 minutes until medium peaks form.
4. Fold in the whipped cream to the fluff mixture. Then fold 1/2 cup of the rice krispies. After pouring the ice cream in a 9 inch container, pour another 1/2 cup of the rice krispies on top.
5. Place in the freezer for about 4-6 hours.
6. Right before serving, sprinkle some of the remaining cereal over the ice cream and enjoy.