There is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven with a tall class of milk. So nostalgic and comforting.
These chocolate chip cookies are regularly made in our house. Most of the time, we bake a few then stash the rest away in the freezer for a later time. There is truly something special about the smell of fresh baked cookies. I have no self control as soon as those cookies come out of the oven.
My favorite thing about this particular recipe is that the edges are slightly crispy but the centers are perfectly chewy. The absolute best.
Can I Freeze the dough?
Yes, the cookie dough can be frozen for about 1-3 months.
Types of Chocolate to Use
I used a Semi-Sweet chocolate bar and chopped it up, I find that this makes for gorgeous chocolate chip cookies. Bring on the pools of chocolate. If you prefer, regular chocolate chips are perfectly fine as well. Use semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, whatever you want.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chewy Center and Crispy Edges
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer or a bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, and sugar together for about 3 minutes.
3. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Then mix in dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
5. Using a medium size cookie scoop, place each dough ball about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes.