Did you love cosmic brownies as a kid? Me too! It was something so delicious about those little squares of fudginess. I’m excited to share this recipe for these extra fudgy cosmic brownie cookies. Like the iconic treat we had as kids but way better.
These brownie cookies are:
- Super easy to make
- Don’t require chill time
- Super fudgy
- Topped with ganache
- Loaded with candy pieces
What you’ll need for cosmic brownie cookies
- Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Heavy Cream
- Bar Chocolate
- Chocolate Candies
How to make Extra Fudgy Cosmic Brownie Cookies
In a medium size bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and butter together, next add in the brown sugar and sugar. Stir until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla then mix until completely combined. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
Scoop the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. While the cookies are cooling, make the ganache by warming the heavy cream then adding to the chocolate. Mix until combined. Allow the ganache to cool until just about set but not completely solid. Once the cookies are cooled, evenly spread the ganache on the cookie then sprinkle with chocolate candies.
Can I refrigerate the cookie dough?
Of course however this recipe doesn’t require refrigeration before baking. If you want to throw them in the fridge to chill before baking, please note that they will likely not spread as much but will still be delicious. The cookie dough will stay fresh in the fridge in a airtight container for 3-4 days.
How many days will cookies stay fresh?
This cookie recipe will stay fresh, moist and fudgy for up to 2 days in properly stored in an airtight container.
I purchased these amazing little chocolate candies off of Amazon but you could certainly check your local craft stores or even if you have a cake supply in your area. The good thing about buying these off of Amazon is that you get a big bag which is perfect if you plan on making these again.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Extra Fudgy Cosmic Brownie Cookies
One bowl fudgy chocolate brownie cookies topped with chocolate ganache and chocolate candies.
- 8 oz Semi- Sweet Chocolate Bar or Chips
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Semi- Sweet Chocolate Bar Chopped
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream Warmed
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Candies
Fudgy Brownie Cookies
1. In a medium size bowl, melt the semi-sweet chocolate bar and butter together.
2. Add in the brown sugar and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and mix until very well combined, about 1 -2 minutes.
3. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder then mix until well combined. Using a medium size scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
5. While the cookies are baking. Make the ganache by warming up 1/2 cup heavy cream, then pour the warmed cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 3 minutes. Mix until the chocolate is smooth and and completly melted.
6. Allow the chocolate to sit and cool for about 7-8 minutes before spreading on the cookies. Sprinkle with the chocolate candies and enjoy.