This rich fudgy flourless chocolate cake is AMAZING! Perfectly rich, fudgy, soft and so damn good! With just a handful of pantry staples, you’ll be on your way to chocolate heaven.
About this Flourless Chocolate Cake
This is by far another favorite recipe because it requires such few steps. This fudgy flourless chocolate cake comes together in minutes and takes less than 30 minutes to bake.
- Bittersweet Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
How to make
Grab a 9 inch springform pan and grease with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a stand mixer beat the eggs and sugar for about 5 minutes until nice and fluffy. While the eggs and sugar are beating, melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate together either over the stovetop or in the microwave. Allow it to cool for about 2-3 minutes.
Once slightly cooled, pour in the melted chocolate and mix until just combined then the vanilla and cocoa powder. Pour the batter into a prepared 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes then allow to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
Why is it called Flourless Chocolate Cake?
Well it just doesn’t have flour! But now you may be wondering…. How does the cake hold structure without the flour? Simple, the eggs and cocoa powder provide the structure for the cake. By whipping the eggs, it helps the cake rise and the cocoa powder helps take the place of the flour.
What to serve with Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Whipped Cream– This is always a favorite and cuts down the richness of the cake.
- Berries– Any type of berries would go perfectly with this cake but I definitely prefer strawberries or blueberries.
- Ice Cream: Coffee, caramel or just good ol’ vanilla would be amazing with this chocolate cake.
Fudgy Flourless Chocolate Cake
Easy fudgy flourless chocolate cake dusted with powdered sugar.
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 8 oz Bittersweet or Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 8 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch leakproof springform pan.
2. In a microwavable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Melt in 30 second increments. Add to the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Add in the sugar and vanilla, then add in the eggs one at a time being sure to beat until smooth. Lastly, add in the cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.