Easter has always been one of my favorite Holidays since I was a little girl. I love everything about it, dressing up, being able to make my son an Easter basket, going to brunch with my family but more importantly church. I’m always excited to see what the church has up their sleeve for Easter service because its always such a beautiful service to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus.
My mom stopped cooking on Easter several years back so we now go to lunch at some fancy place and get our belly’s nice and full. Before we go I always call the restaurant to make sure carrot cake will be a dessert option because if not we just can’t eat there. Lol. There is just no negotiation about it.
This year I decided that I wouldn’t be a pain and call all the restaurants and instead just make my own. FRIENDS… I’m so happy with the way this Carrot Cake turned out that I would highly suggest you make this delicious cake and that it makes its way to your dessert table on Sunday.
This cake has 3 cups of shredded carrots which help make it nice and moist but it also has a nice bit of weight to it. You can add the pecans to it, but feel free to leave them out if you like your carrot cake pretty basic…no judgements. I decided that the only frosting going on this carrot cake had to be a cinnamon cream cheese which turned out so prefect. This cake seriously disappeared within a matter of minutes…Lol.
I really hope you try this Carrot cake out and please be sure to let me know! I wish each and everyone of your families a blessed Easter.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans Optional
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese softened
- 1 stick Butter softened
- 4 1/2 cups Confections Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans.2. Beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla together. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour batter into both 8 inch cake pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes. 3. For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together. Pour in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until smooth.