I’ve obsessed with Granola, its so delicious, crunchy and nutty. I usually go for the pre packaged stuff I find at the grocery store, but Trader Joes has a particular kind that I can’t get enough of.
Over the weekend, after searching high and low for my granola only to find that Jeremy had finished the rest, I decided it was probably cheaper to make my own considering at had everything in my cabinets to make it.
This granola was so quick to make and delicious, like eat by the handfuls delicious.
Start out by pouring 4 cups of oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt and ginger in a medium size bowl. Add in olive oil, honey and maple syrup and toss together. Place onto a sheet pan, bake for 10 minutes then flip the granola with a spatula. Bake for another 9-10 minutes.
Let the granola cool completely and store in airtight containers for up to 3 weeks.
Looking for more delicious Honey Recipes? Check out a few of my friends post:
Honey Almond Granola
Slightly Sweet and Crunchy homemade granola.
- 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Whole Almonds
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the oats, almonds, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix in honey, maple syrup, olive oil and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Pour onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 19- 21 min, making sure to flip the granola half way through so the granola cooks evenly.
4. Let cool completely and place into an air tight container.