I’ve been searching for the best Cinnamon Rolls and let me tell you…I found it! These Cinnamon Rolls are big, flaky, sweet and so ooey gooey, it will have you saying Cinnabon Who?
This recipe comes from Ambitious Kitchen, and let me tell ya’ll she wasn’t lying about these being the best cinnamon rolls. My house smelled like pure heaven when I made these and my taste buds were just so overjoyed by the wonderfulness going on.
This is pretty simple to follow and the best part is, you could prep these the night before, throw them in the fridge and have fresh baked cinnamon rolls first thing in the morning.
Start out by warming up some milk, make sure the milk isn’t too hot because it will kill the yeast. Mix the yeast and warm milk together, let sit for about 5 minutes until its bubbly and foamy. Then add the sugar, eggs, butter and flour. Mix for about 8 minutes. Then transfer to a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel. Let the dough rest for about an hour to an hour and a half, after which your dough should have doubled.
Transfer the dough to a well floured surface, roll into a 14×9 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on the dough and sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture. Tightly roll the dough. Then cut into 1 inch pieces. You should get about 8-9 rolls. Let rest for about 30 minutes. Then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, making sure to not over bake..we are going for ooey gooey rolls here.
After the rolls are done baking, let rest. Go ahead and whip up the icing. By this time, the rolls will be cool enough to ice. Go ahead and devour.
Recipe by: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/best-cinnamon-rolls/
Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever
- 1/4 oz Package Active Dry Yeast
- 3/4 cup Warm Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Place the warm milk and yeast in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast and milk begin to foam. Next using the paddle attachment, add in the sugar, butter, egg and the egg yolk. Add in the flour and salt.
2. Switch the to the dough hook attachment and mix the ingredients for about 8 minutes on medium speed. Dough should be slightly sticky.
3. Transfer dough into a well greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel. Let rest for 1 hour allowing the dough to double in size.
4. After the dough has doubled in size, transfer to a well floured surface. Roll into a 14×9 inch rectangle. After you have your dough rolled out. In a bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Take the softened butter and spread it all over the dough, the sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the butter making sure to press it into the dough when complete.
5. Starting from the 9 inch side, begin to tightly roll the dough until all of the dough is rolled up. Cut into 1 inch sections, you should end up with about 8-9 pieces.
6. Preheat oven to 350.
7. Place the cinnamon rolls in a 9×13 pan, leaving space between each roll. Let rest for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, place the baking dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. While the Cinnamon Rolls are baking, whip the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together. Once the rolls come out of the oven, let rest for about 5-7 minutes before icing.