I’ve been really trying to get on this whole healthy kick by prepping my meals ahead of time specifically my breakfast. I made these healthy-ish Banana Nut Muffins a few weeks ago and they were so dang good. I have plenty left over because a picky little someone refused to try them. So I froze the rest individually so I could grab and go.
Start out by mixing all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside. In a separate bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients then pour into the dry. Make sure not to over mix when doing so.
Next, scoop the batter into prepared muffin cups, then make the crumb topping. Add flour, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon together then cut into butter to create a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 17-20 minutes at 375.
Let cool completely if your plan to freeze them.
Banana Pecan Muffins
Delicious and Moist Banana Nut Muffins topped with Pecans
Banana Nut Batter
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Bananas Mashed
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Eggs lighlty beaten
- 1/3 cup Butter Melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter Slightly softened
- 1/3 cup Pecans
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F . Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, vanilla, egg and melted butter. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Be sure not to overmix. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Make sure the butter isn’t to soft when mixing it in with the other ingredients. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.