I absolutely love fun twists on classic desserts and these Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely a new favorite. Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies loaded with pretzels and chocolate chips. The absolute perfect flavor combination!
More about Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
Talk about a loaded cookie! These cookies have so many flavors and textures making them the ultimate peanut butter cookie. For this recipe, creamy peanut butter is mixed in with sugar and butter to create the base of this cookie. Then chopped pretzels are added in for a nice crunch, I like to break the pretzels up just enough so there is a pretzel bit in each bite. Lastly, these cookies are finished off with semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks to complete this salty- sweet cookie.
What’s in these Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chopped Pretzels
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks
How to make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Have all of your ingredients at room temperature.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter together. Cream for 2 minutes. Add in vanilla then eggs one at time.
- Mix in flour and baking soda. Add in chopped pretzels and chocolate chunks.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, place cookies two inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8- 10 minutes.
Can I use natural peanut butter in Peanut Butter cookies?
I wouldn’t recommend using natural peanut butter in cookies as it usually results in a dry cookie. I prefer using the processed peanut butter from Jif, as I typically bake with that brand and have had no issues with my cookies. If your looking for a few other recipes to use processed peanut butter in, try my Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie.
Do I have to chill cookie dough?
You certainly don’t have too but chilling your cookie dough for at least 30 minutes will allow the butter to solidify. This will help make sure the cookies don’t spread too much during baking. The cookies will be fine if you choose to skip chilling your dough.
Tips for perfect cookies
- Make sure your ingredients are room temperature before starting.
- Allow your cookies to rest for at least 30 minutes in the fridge, this will make sure the cookies don’t spread too much.
- Use parchment when baking your cookies to keep them from sticking.
- You could use half semi- sweet chocolate and half bittersweet if you’d like.
- Don’t over mix the dough.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy peanut butter cookies packed with crushed pretzel and chocolate chunks.
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Pretzels chopped
- 1 cup Semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter together for 3 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time then vanilla.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Fold in the chopped pretzels and chocoalte.
5. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookies on to a parchment lined sheet pan and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
6. Once ready to bake, place cookies 2 inches apart on the cookies sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.