Rich and fudgy brownies with a crisp crinkly top.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray and grease a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick baking spray, then line with parchment paper.
2. In a microwavable safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together. Heat in 30 second increments until fully melted. Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer then add in sugar. Mix on high for 2 minutes.
3. Add in eggs and egg yolk. Mix on high for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
4. Lastly, add in the cocoa powder, all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix until completely combined. Pour batter into the parchment lined baking pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes then pull the baking pan out and bang it against the counter 3-4 times. Return back to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.