Soft, chewy baked brown butter cookies loaded with coconut and chocolate chunks.
1. In a heavy bottomed pot, melt cubed butter over medium low heat. Stir occasionally to allow for even cooking. Butter will sizzle and pop from time to time and that's perfectly fine. Once the sizzle stops and butter is a deep golden brown, transfer to a heat proof bowl. Be sure to scrape all the brown bits into the bowl as well. Allow to cool for 20 minutes on the countertop then transfer to the refrigerator to allow the butter to solidify for at least 30 minutes before using.
2. In a stand mixer, cream together the browned butter, sugar and brown sugar together for 3-5 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on medium low, add in eggs one at a time then add vanilla extract.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Lastly add the chocolate chips and coconut until completely combined.
4. Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
5. Once ready to bake, space cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 9-11 minutes.