Soft and chewy lemon sugar cookies packed with the bright flavors of lemons.
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes, it should be light, pale and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in the zest of 1 lemon, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
3. Mix in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
4. With a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roll each cookies into sugar.
5. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet, allowing cookies to evenly spread. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. If too thick, add a tad more milk.
2. Drizzle over the cookies and top with lemon zest.