Soft chewy chocolate chip cookies loaded with toasted almonds.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toast the almonds for 5-6 minutes. After cooled, chop roughly.
2. In a bowl, place the flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar for 3 minutes. Add in egg and egg yolk. Add in vanilla extract.
4. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Remove from the stand mixer and fold in the chopped almonds, chocoalte chips and chocolate chunks.
5. Using a medium size scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
6. When ready to bake, place the cookies 2 inches apart on a sheet pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.