Slightly crisped edges, perfectly soft and chewy sugar cookie cut outs.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the eggs, vanilla. Then add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Mix until just combined. Separate cookie dough into 2 separate discs, cover in plastic wrap and chill the dough in the fridge for about an hour to an hour and a half.
5. After about an hour, remove one cookie dough disc from the fridge. On a floured work station roll out the cookie dough to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
6. Once the dough is at the desired thickness, use the cookie cutters to cut out your desired shape. Do this until all dough has been used.
7. Bake for 9-10 minutes to ensure the cookies don't begin to brown at the bottom.
8. Let cool then decorate how you desire.