Warm apple bread pudding loaded with granny smith apples, and topped with a warm brown sugar glaze.
1. Place the brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg, butter, and milk together in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Mix together over medium heat.
3. Whisk together for 10 minutes being sure to constantly whisk so the eggs wont curdle.
4. Once the sauce begins to thicken, remove from the stove and set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Layer the cut bread pieces, diced apples and pecans evenly in the pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
4. Pour the milk mixture over the bread and apples. Cover with foil and let soak for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is set.
6. Once the bread pudding comes out of the oven, pour over the brown sugar sauce.