Moist loaf cake loaded with tart apples, topped with a oat topping and drizzled with caramel.
1.In a medium bowl mix, brown sugar, sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnamon together. Set Aside.
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, place 1 cup of granulated sugar. Stir the sugar occasionally to make sure the sugar it is cooking evenly.
2. Once the sugar becomes a golden amber color, cut the heat off.
3. Immediately add in the softened butter and whisk quickly. Then add in the heavy cream, whisk rapidly until well combined. Don't worry about the caramel bubbling up, it will do that once the heavy cream is added.
4. Set aside and allow to cool completely before storing.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch loaf pan by spraying with no stick spray, set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar and butter together. Cream for about 1-2 minutes, add in eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Place the flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl and combine.
5. Alternating between the wet and dry ingredients, slowly add to the sugar mixture. So add in dry ingredients, then wet ingredients then dry, then wet. Until all ingredients are combined.
6. Pour batter into a 9 inch loaf pan, top with oat topping. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Once the loaf cake cools, remove it from the pan and drizzle with caramel.