Sweet, moist and fluffy cake filled with a light whipped cream frosting.
1. Place the bowl and whisk attachment in the fridge to get it very cold. This will help keep the whipped cream fluffy and help it hold up.
2. Pour the whipped cream in the chilled bowl and begin to whisk. Slowly begin to add the powdered sugar then the vanilla. Continue to whip until stiff peaks. Place in the fridge until ready to frost the cake.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray two 8 inch round cake pans.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set Aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, honey, sour cream and vanilla.
5. In the stand mixer, add the butter and sugar together. Mix for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
6. Next, add in half of the flour mixture then half of the milk mixture, continuing to alternate between wet and dry until everything is fully incorporated.
7. Divide the batter evenly between the 2- 8 inch pans.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool completely about 3 hours or so, before adding the whipped cream frosting.
10. When ready to frosting, add the first layer to a cake plate and dollop whipped cream on top. Add the top layer, and add the remaining whipped cream. Drizzle with honey for a finishing touch.