Fudgy brownies, swirled with a luscious salted caramel.
1. In a heavy bottom pot, pour sugar.
2. Continue to cook sugar, making sure to stir with a rubber spatula to ensure the sugar is cooking evenly. Sugar will form clumps, that's ok it will melt eventually.
3. Once sugar because a amber color, add in the butter. Shut off the heat and add in heavy cream slowly so the caramel won't start to bubble. Once it cools, add in flaky sea salt.
4. Once Caramel cools, place into an airtight container in the fridge.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, whisk sugar, vanilla and eggs for 6-8 minutes. While this is mixing, melt the butter, chocolate and cocoa powder together. Let cool slightly.
3. Pour the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture. Then add in the flour and salt.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch square pan. Dollop Salted Caramel on top of the batter. Use a knife to create a swirling effect with the caramel.