The perfect cookie is here and just in time for citrus season. These soft baked orange creamsicle cookies are so loaded with sweet orange flavors, buttery and so easy to make.
Citrus season is definitely here and I am so happy about it. This time of year is the best because I know Spring is just around the corner. What better way to take in all the sweet oranges than to bake up some delicious orange flavored cookies!
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- Packed with sweet naval orange flavor
- Easy to make
- Perfect Picnic or Brunch Cookie
- Packed with white chocolate chips
Ingredients for Orange Cookies
- Naval or Cara Cara Oranges
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- White Chocolate Chips
How to make
To make the best soft baked orange cookies you’ll need either a bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Cream softened butter, sugar and orange zest together for about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time being sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Next, add in the vanilla and juice from half an orange. Mix for 1 minute. Lastly, add in your dry ingredients then gently fold in your white chocolate chips. Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet then allow the cookie dough to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before baking.
When ready to bake, place the cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown.
What type of oranges can I use for cookies?
This is completely up to you. I used naval oranges for this recipe because I had already used up all of my blood oranges. But Cara Cara, Tangelo or Blood Oranges will work just fine here.
Tips for perfect cookies
- Try not to over mix: Overmixing your dough could result in a dry, crumbly cookie.
- Be sure your ingredients are at room temperature: This will help the dough come together quicker.
- Use quality white chocolate chips: I typically use Ghiradelli because I find that they don’t caramelize as quick as the store brand.
Looking for more cookie recipes?
Check out these Lemon Sugar Cookies or Chocolate Almond Cookies.
Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Juice from Naval Orange
- 1 teaspoon Zest from Naval Orange
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1. In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a bowl and a hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and orange zest for 3 minutes. 2. Add in eggs one at a time, being sure each egg is fully incorporated. Next, add in the vanilla and orange juice. 3. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until fully combined. Remove the bowl and fold in the white chocolate chips.4. Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill for at least 30 minutes before baking. 5. Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cookie dough 2 inches apart on a seperate parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just start to turn brown.
Leave a Reply