If gooey chocolate chips are your thing then I have the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe for you. This recipe for simple chocolate chip cookies is truly the best.
If you’re on this page then chances are you were in the search for a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. Well you’re in the right place. This recipe isn’t titled Simply the best chocolate chip cookies for no reason, it’s because they are. These cookies only need 30 minutes of chill time before being baked and are loaded with gooey chocolate puddles.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gooey puddles of chocolate
- Rich deep flavor
- Only 30 minute chill time
- 9 Ingredients
- Can be made with stand or hand mixer
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make this cookie recipe you’ll certainly want to start with room temperature ingredients. I feel like the chocolate used in this recipe really helps take these cookies over the top that’s why I absolutely love Trader Joe’s Chocolate. It melts so beautifully and creates the most delicious chocolate pools in this recipe. I cannot recommend this enough but no worries if you can’t get your hands on it. Chopping up any Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar will still achieve a delicious cookie with those irresistible chocolate pieces. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Trader Joe’s Chocolate Bar
Steps for making cookies
Before you get started, pull your butter and eggs out 45 minutes to bring them to room temperature. In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Next add in the vanilla and eggs until fully combined. Fold in the flour,baking soda, salt and chocolate. Scoop into lined baking sheet using a
Looking for more Cookie Recipes?
Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft baked chocolate chip cookies with melty pools of chocolate.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Flaky Sea Salt
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar for at least 3 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
2. Next, whisk in the flour , baking soda and salt until fully combined. Lastly, fold in chocolate chunks.
3. Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a medium cookie scoop. Allow the cookies to chill for at least 30 minutes but up to 2 days.
4. Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cookies 2 inches apartment on a separate parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to turn brown.
5. Sprinkle warm cookies with flaky sea salt and enjoy!