What do you get when you combine fudgy brownies and chewy, salty peanut butter cookie dough? You get this recipe for The Best Peanut Butter Brookies or Brownie Cookies.
Peanut butter and chocolate is possibly one of the best combos ever! The richness of the chocolate combined with the salty, sweet nuttiness of the peanut is something that’s truly amazing. And not to mention that the recipe possibilities are endless.
What are Brookies?
Brookies or Brownie Cookies, whatever you want to call them are basically a brownie and a cookie combined. There are so many different variations of a brookie but my personal favorite is anything peanut butter and chocolate.
How do you make Peanut Butter Brookies?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick baking spray.
Make the peanut butter cookie dough first by mixing softened butter, peanut butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. But the bowl to the side.
In a separate microwavable safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Add in the sugar and whisk until well combined. Next, add eggs one a time making sure it’s combined before adding the next. Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and salt. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
Drop the peanut butter cookie dough right on top of the brownie batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Now it’s time to enjoy these chewy, fudgy peanut butter brookies.
Helpful Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Brookies
- Room temperature ingredients: Eggs and butter are best at room temperature to help all of the ingredients mix together better.
- A stand mixer or hand mixer: Either of these kitchen tools could be helpful but definitely not necessary. A whisk and spatula work just fine here.
- Storing Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies: If you by chance don’t gobble all of these up the first day, store these in a airtight container for up to 3 days.
Best type of chocolate for brownies
I prefer using Semi- Sweet chocolate in just about all of my recipes however it really depends on the taste you’re going for. If you don’t want a rich chocolatey taste, go with milk chocolate. Want super rich and decadent brownies? Go with dark chocolate. I find that using semi-sweet chocolate is right in the middle of both and gives that rich and decadent taste without being over powering. But again, all personal preference here and this recipe will work with either.
Looking for more brownie or bar recipes?
Check out these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars or Peanut Butter Brownies.
Peanut Butter Cookie Brownie Recipe
- 9×13 Pan
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. In the bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together for 2-3 minutes. Add in the peanut butter then mix for an additional 1 minute.3. Add in eggs one at a time, being sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the other. Pour in the vanilla and continue to mix. 4. Pour in flour, baking soda and salt until the cookie dough comes together. Set aside while you make the brownie batter.
- 1. In a microwavable safe bowl, heat chocolate and butter together until fully melted. 2. Add in sugar then whisk until combined. Next, add in eggs one at a time being sure each are fully incorporated before adding the next. Add vanilla. 3. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder until well combined. Pour the batter into a parchment lined baking pan then spread the brownie batter evenly. 4. Using a cookie scoop, scoop peanut butter cookie dough on top then spread evenly. 5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Leave a Reply