A delicious honey loaf cake that’s easy to make and no fuss. This recipe for the best milk and honey loaf cake has a perfectly moist crumb, a simple cream cheese icing and a perfect drizzle of honey.
What is a Milk and Honey Loaf Cake
A milk and honey loaf is the absolute perfect cake to serve with coffee or tea. It’s slightly sweet, boasts a delicious honey flavor and a soft, moist crumb. Honey is the main sweetener in this cake however there is a little granulated sugar in the batter as well.
Ingredients for Milk and Honey Cake
- All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Salt
- Unsalted Butter
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
How to make a Milk and Honey Loaf Cake
This recipe is super similar to the Milk and Honey Cake I made a while back but not as sweet and more of a denser texture. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, honey and sugar for about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla then mix on medium for an additional minute. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients and then set aside. In a measuring cup, pour in milk, sour cream and vanilla then mix. Alternate between the dry and wet ingredients, starting and stopping with the dry. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Once cooled, stop with cream cheese icing.
What type of honey for baking
Can I make a loaf cake head of time?
Of course you can! If you’d like to make this a day or so in advanced, it will still be moist and delicious. You can also freeze it if you aren’t planning to eat it for a few days.
- Have all of your ingredients at room temperature.
- Be sure not to over mix the loaf cake batter.
- Store the loaf in an airtight container in the fridge if you use the cream cheese icing.
Looking for more loaf recipes?
The Best Milk and Honey Cake
Moist and delicious honey loaf cake thats perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, and honey together for 3 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
3. In a seperate bowl, mix together the milk and sour cream. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. Alternating between the wet and dry ingredients, add to the honey mixture. Starting and stopping with dry ingredients. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. While cake is baking, make the icing by mixing together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix or 5 minutes then place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
6. Once the loaf cake has cooled, spoon the icing on top. Drizzle with a little honey and Enjoy!