Is there anything better than a rich and fudgy brownie? I don’t think so! This recipe for the best fudgy crinkle top brownies will have you making these time and time again. Perfect on it’s own but even more delicious topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Fudgy brownies are one of my absolute favorite desserts. I always find it so hard to wait until the brownies cool so I can cut into them without breaking apart. So when it comes to brownies are you team fudgy or team cakey? If you said, team fudgy then you came to the right place. These brownies are rich, chewy and so so fudgy.
These Crinkle Top Brownies are :
- Ridiculously chocolaty
- Rich and so delicious
- Crinkly top
- The best brownies
What do you need to make brownies?
This brownie recipe is less than 10 ingredients and come out perfect each and every time. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unsalted Butter
- Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate Chips
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs + Egg Yolk
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
How to make the best brownies?
- Start out by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a medium sauce pot over medium high heat. Stir occasionally to be sure that the chocolate isn’t burning at the bottom at the bottom. Add in sugar and stir until well combined.
- Transfer batter to a stand mixer and mix on high for 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and egg yolk, beat on high for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in cocoa powder, all purpose flour and baking powder together until fully combined. Mix on high for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
How to properly cut brownies
The best way to cut these fudgy crinkle top brownies is to allow them ample amount of time to cool. I know I know, this sounds crazy to let those ooey gooey amazing brownies sit. It’s so tempting to want to dig in right away but trust me, not allowing them to cool properly will result in brownies that fall apart and are messy to cut. Let the brownies cool completely then with a knife, cut straight down into the brownies without dragging the knife through the brownies. Cutting this way will help create clean cut brownies.
How to store brownies
Once brownies have completely cooled, wrap the brownies tightly in plastic wrap making sure each corner is covered.
Crinkle Top Brownies
Rich and fudgy brownies with a crisp crinkly top.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Grandulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray and grease a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick baking spray, then line with parchment paper.
2. In a microwavable safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together. Heat in 30 second increments until fully melted. Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer then add in sugar. Mix on high for 2 minutes.
3. Add in eggs and egg yolk. Mix on high for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl.
4. Lastly, add in the cocoa powder, all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix until completely combined. Pour batter into the parchment lined baking pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes then pull the baking pan out and bang it against the counter 3-4 times. Return back to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.