This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is incredible. A gooey cookie crust topped with a creamy peanut butter filling then layered with a silky ganache. So delicious!
About this pie
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is truly AMAZING! Soft, gooey chocolate chip cookie crust topped with a fluffy, creamy peanut butter filling and a rich ganache coating. This dessert is sinful and so so good
How to make Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- Start out by making the cookie crust. In a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together. Add in the egg yolk, then fold in the flour, baking soda and chocolate chips. Bake for 10 minutes. It’s important to not overbake the crust.
- While the cookie crust is cooling, make the peanut butter filling. In a bowl whisk together the peanut butter, milk and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth and well combined. Add more milk if needed, a teaspoon at a time.
- Next, heat the heavy cream until hot ( about one minute in the microwave). Pour over chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes before stirring. Once the chocolate has been combined with the heavy cream, pour over peanut butter filling.
- Chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Chocolate Chips
- Egg Yolk
- Baking Soda
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Semi- Sweet Chocolate
Types of Peanut Butter
I used creamy peanut butter for this recipe but you could also try crunchy peanut butter also. I would not recommend using “natural” peanut butter as the peanut butter will likely get oily and separate.
How long will Peanut Butter Pie last?
You can eat this pie up till 3 days after making. Keep in the fridge to preserve freshness. The pie can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Under bake your cookie crust so it’s not too crispy when cutting into
- Add more milk to the filling if it’s too thick.
- Milk Chocolate Chips can be used for the ganache if you prefer.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
A chewy chocolate chip cookie filled with a creamy peanut butter then topped with a rich ganache.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust
- 1/4 cup Butter Softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and egg yolk. Add in the flour, baking soda then fold in chocolate chips. Press the cookie dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
3. While the cookie crust is baking, mix the peanut butter, milk and powdered sugar together until smooth. Allow the cookie crust to cool before pouring in the peanut butter filling.
4. Heat the heavy cream in a heavy bottomed sauce pan or in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds until heated through but not boiling. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes then stir to combine.
5. Once the cookie crust is cooled, fill the cookie crust with the peanut butter filling then pour over the chocolate ganache. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.