These Peanut Butter Banana Brownies are the perfect way to use up those ripe bananas you have sitting around. These brownies are rich, delicious and so fudgy.
Call me crazy but I feel like Bananas, Peanut Butter and Chocolate is probably one of the greatest flavor combinations. These Peanut Butter Banana Brownies have a lovely chocolaty flavor with hints of banana and the sweet/saltiness of the Peanut Butter.
Now, don’t be thrown off by the name, it may sound all complicated but these brownies come together in about 30 minutes or so and only require a handful of ingredients.
One of the best things about this brownie recipe is that it is slightly cakey but also maintains a fudginess to it because of the bananas.
For the recipe, you can certainly use a stand mixer if you would like, but honestly one bowl is fine here as well.
Items needed to get started
- 1 Bowl
- 1 9×9 Pan
- Cocoa Powder- Unsweetened
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make the Brownies
- Butter,Sugar, Banana & Eggs: In a microwavable safe bowl, melt butter. Add in the sugar and mashed banana. Add vanilla then eggs.
- Dry Ingredients: Add dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Pour into greased 9×9 pan.
- Peanut Butter: Spoon dollops of peanut butter over batter and use knife to drag peanut butter back and forth.
- Baking Time: Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Can I use Natural Peanut Butter ?
I honestly wouldn’t use Natural Peanut Butter in this recipe. Natural Peanut Butter separates too much in my opinion so I would stick to Jif or something similar.
How long do the brownies stay fresh?
The brownies will stay fresh for 1-3 days after baking. Simply place in a airtight container to ensure the brownies stay fresh.
Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
Fudgy Brownies, Bananas and swirled with nutty Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Butter Melted
- 2 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 2 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 square pan.
2. Melt butter in a microwavable bowl. Add in sugar, mashed bananas and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
3. Pour the batter into the greased pan. Scoop peanut butter on top of the batter. Use a knife to spread the peanut butter on top of the batter.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.