This No Bake S’mores Tart is a full spin on a childhood favorite. Graham Cracker Crust, rich chocolate filling and topped with a pillowy soft marshmallow meringue. It’s the perfect summer dessert.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Nothing screams summer more than S’mores! They are a essential summer classic and so nostalgic. Whether you make them them over a open fire or otherwise there is no denying those ooey gooey chocolaty marshmallow-y little squares of goodness.
Well I’m taking your favorite childhood treat and turning into a decadent tart. This No Bake S’mores Tart starts out with a graham cracker crust then filled with a rich semi-sweet chocolate pudding layer and topped with a marshmallow meringue
I used semi-sweet chocolate but you can definitely use Milk Chocolate just like the classic S’mores. The Semi-sweet chocolate creates a very rich and decadent tart so choose Milk Chocolate if you don’t want it as rich.
This S’mores tart has a homemade Marshmallow Meringue which goes perfectly with the rich semi sweet pudding.
Since you are using 3 yolks for the pudding, you are going to use those egg whites to make the meringue.
You can certainly use a double boiler but I’m not about doing a lot of dishes so I made the meringue in a pot. Simply place the sugar and whites in the pot over medium- low heat. WHISK CONSTANTLY! Don’t walk away from the stove because I promise you will end of with a sugary mess.
Also, when you are ready to whisk the egg whites, it is imperative to make sure your bowl is squeaky clean, otherwise the whites won’t whisk and there is generally no going back.
Ok, so now that we have everything together…. let’s assemble this baby!
Fill the Graham Cracker Crust with the pudding mixture. Let it cool on the counter for about 20 minutes before popping it into the fridge. Be sure to cover it with saran warp so it doesn’t develop a film. Chill for 1-2 hours.
Before serving, top the tart with Marshmallow Meringue then torch for that famous toasty goodness.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 8 oz Semi-sweet or Milk Chocolate
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 3 Egg Whites
- 3/4 cup Sugar
Graham Cracker Crust
- **For the Graham Crust you can either bake it for 10 minutes OR freeze it for one hour**If deciding to bake, follow the instructions below:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter,sugar, cinnamon and brown sugar together. Press into a 9 in spring form pan. 3. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 1. In a heavy bottomed pot, whisk together egg whites and sugar. 2. Constantly whisk until the mixture is hot to the touch or 160 degrees.3. Transfer to a stand mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- 1. In a heavy bottomed pot, whisk together cornstarch, cocoa powder,milk, heavy cream. Whisk constantly. The mixture should start to simmer. 2. Once the milk mixture starts to simmer, carefully and slowly whisk 1/2 cup of the hot milk into the egg yolks. Pour the egg/milk mixture back into the pot. Whisk Whisk Whisk until it begins to thicknen.3. Add in the chocolate and whisk until fully melted and incorporated. 4. Pour your mixture into the graham cracker crust. Let cool for about 20 minutes then transfer to the fridge to chill for about 2 hours. 5. Top with Meringue and torch. Enjoy!