This moist and easy vanilla bundt cake recipe is a family favorite. I usually whip one up for dessert after Sunday dinner for a sweet treat. A simple and basic Bundt cake recipe that will be a staple in your recipe book.
Bundt cakes are my favorite type of recipe to make. They are super easy to make, can feed a crowd and are the perfect breakfast, snack cake or dessert. Bundt cakes can be made ahead of time and don’t require much effort at all. You can bake this recipe in a large bundt cake pan or make mini bundt cakes with this recipe, just be sure to adjust the bake time.
The Best Vanilla Bundt Cake Recipe
This moist vanilla Bundt cake recipe has a delicious vanilla flavor and can be whipped up in no time. It’s soft, moist and fluffy, what more could you want in a Bundt cake recipe! Perfect on its own, but super delicious with a simple vanilla glaze. This recipe is one of my favorites to make for dessert after Sunday dinner, It’s always a hit! I’ll usually divide up the leftovers amongst family and then we snack on the rest for the next few days.
How to make
Before you start the recipe, be sure you’re working with room temperature ingredients. This way the batter will come together quickly and you won’t end up with a dry cake.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and oil together for 3-5 minutes on medium speed or until pale and fluffy. Next add in the vanilla and eggs, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl. Next, add in half of the dry and half wet ingredients then mix on low speed. Add in the remaining wet and dry ingredients. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the bundt cake to a wire rack to cool after about 20 minutes. Allow to fully cool before pouring the glaze over top.
Bundt Cake Tips
Here are a few tips I use to get a moist bundt cake recipe everytime.
- Measure all ingredients correctly. Level dry ingredients and use a liquid measuring cup for wet ingredients.
- Avoid opening the oven multiple times.
- Add the eggs one at a time, being sure to fully incorporate before adding the next one.
- Use the correct bundt pan size. This bundt cake recipe calls for a 12 cup Bundt Pan.
- As always, be sure all of your ingredients are room temperature.
How to remove a bundt cake
Removing a bundt cake from the pan is always so stressful yet exciting to me. To make sure your bundt cake quickly and easily releases from the pan this is what you’ll want to do before and after you bake. Before pouring the batter into the pan, spray evenly with non stick baking spray being sure to get all up in those little crevices and groves within the pan. If you don’t have non stick baking spray on hand, no biggie! Remember those sticks of butter we used in the recipe? Well there is still butter left on those wrappers, so rub all that leftover butter into the nooks and crannies of the pan, then sprinkle flour over. You’ll want to bang the sides of the pan to get any excess flour out.
Once the bundt cake is done baking, allow it to cool on the counter for at least 10-15 minutes before trying to remove it. Once the bundt cake pan is cool enough to handle, place a wire rack over the Bundt cake pan and flip. Remove the pan from the cake then allow to fully cool before adding glaze.
Looking for similar recipes?
Check out this Sweet Potato Bundt Cake or Cara Cara Orange Bundt Cake.
Moist Vanilla Bundt Cake
- 1 Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- 1 1/2 cups Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream Room Temperature
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and oil together for 3-5 minutes on medium speed or until pale and fluffy. Next add in the vanilla and eggs, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl after adding each egg. 3. Next, add in half of the dry and half wet ingredients then mix on low speed. Add in the remaining wet and dry ingredients. 4. Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the bundt cake to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. 5. Allow to fully cool before pouring the glaze over top.
- 1. In a small bowl add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth and well combined. If the powdered sugar is too stiff, add just a splash of milk.
Leave a Reply