Loaf cakes are definitely one of my favorite things to make, so easy and so yummy. This vanilla and chocolate loaf cake is swirled together to make a moist chocolate marble loaf cake.
About this Marble Loaf Cake
This Moist Chocolate Marble Loaf cake is so easy to make and will please both chocolate and vanilla cake lovers. Buttery swirls of vanilla cake and moist chocolatey cake swirled together then topped with a rich ganache. For this loaf cake recipe, I used a loaf cake pan but you could definitely use a Bundt pan also.
How to make the swirled loaf cake
Chocolate Marble loaf cake starts out with a vanilla cake batter as the base, then the batter is divided in half. In a separate bowl with half of the vanilla batter add in the cocoa powder. Scoop the batter into the loaf pan, alternating between the chocolate and vanilla batter. Take a knife and drag it in the batter to create swirls.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Chocolate Marble Cake Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
How to keep loaf cake moist
The best way to ensure you don’t end up with a dry loaf cake is to not over mix. If the batter is over mixed you will likely end up with a dense over worked loaf cake. When making, mix the batter just until all the ingredients are combined.
How long are loaf cakes good for?
Loaf cakes will typically last 3-4 days if properly stored. Store the loaf cake in a airtight container to keep it fresh.
Can I freeze this loaf cake?
Yes! If you decide to freeze the loaf cake, cut into individual slices for quicker thawing. Then tightly wrap the loaf cake in plastic wrap and cover with aluminum foil to make sure no air gets in.
Tips for making loaf cake
- Have all of your ingredients at room temperature. This will ensure the batter will come together without the need for overmixing.
- After baking, allow the loaf to cool for at least 10 minutes before taking out of the loaf pan.
- Be sure to tightly wrap the loaf cake to ensure it stays fresh for up to 3 days.
- If you don’t have cooking spray on hand, you can certainly butter and flour the loaf pan. Simply rub butter inside the entire loaf pan, then dust flour inside making sure to coat the entire inside of the pan. Dump out any excess.
Chocolate Swirled Marble Loaf Cake
Vanilla and Chocolate cake swirled together to create a moist cake loaf.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl then set aside. In a stand mixer, mix the sugar, softened butter, sugar, oil together for about 1 minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Next, add in the dry ingredients and milk, alternating between the two.
4, Divide half of the batter into another bowl and add the cocoa powder.
5. Scoop the vanilla and chocolate batter in the loaf pan, alternating between both to crate swirls. Once the batter is in the loaf pan, use a knife to make swirls at the top.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
1. Chop chocolate and place in bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat heavy cream in heavy bottomed pan until just hot. Pour over chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.