Smooth and creamy vanilla cheesecake swirled with a homemade strawberry sauce makes for the ultimate dessert. This Easy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake is a perfect way to use up any extra strawberries you may have in the fridge.
Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake
This recipe starts out with a vanilla cheesecake batter, then swirled with a super easy homemade strawberry sauce. Cheesecake is quite possibly one of my favorite desserts, it’s so simple to make and always such a crowd pleaser. With just a handful of ingredients you can whip this up in no time.
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Lemon Juice
How to make Cheesecake
First start out by having all of your ingredients at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Take a oven safe pan and fill with 2 cups of water and place on the bottom rack of the oven in order to create a steamy environment for the cheesecake.
First make the homemade strawberry sauce so it will cool before adding to the cheesecake. In a heavy bottomed pan, place in diced strawberries, lemon juice and sugar. Mix occasionally to make sure the sauce is cooking evenly. Cook until the strawberries have broken down into sauce and thickened. This typically takes about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Next, Grab a 9 inch non-stick spring form pan and set aside. Let’s make the crust. In a bowl add in the sugar, graham cracker crumbs and butter. Mix until well combined and press into the springform pan. Press the crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of the pan evenly. Set aside.
Let’s make the cheesecake. In a stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Remove the bowl and fold in the sour cream.
Let’s assemble! Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared graham cracker crust. Next, add in dollops of strawberry sauce and use a knife to create a swirling pattern. Place in the oven on the rack directly above the water pan. Bake at 325 for 65-75 minutes or until the edges are set and the middle is slightly jiggly. After 75 minutes, shut the oven off and allow the cheesecake to slowly cool in the oven for an hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before placing in the fridge. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
I used a homemade strawberry sauce for this recipe but strawberry jam would definitely work in this recipe also.
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Don’t overmix your cheesecake batter so you won’t end up with a dense cheesecake
- Don’t skip the water bath, you want the cheesecake to bake in a steamy environment and no dry out.
Easy Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake
- Stand Mixer
- 9 inch Springform Pan
Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 cup Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 24 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream room temperature
- 4 tablespoon Strawberry Sauce See recipe below.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix until well combined. Pour into the 9 inch springform pan and press into the bottom and up the sides. Set aside.
Strawberry Swirled Cheesecake
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place a oven safe pan filled with 2 cups of water on the bottom rack of the oven. 2. In a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Mix for about 30 seconds. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined. Gently fold in the sour cream until fully combined. 3. Pour the batter into the prepared crust. Dollop the strawberry sauce on top of the cheesecake batter. Using a knife, create a swirl pattern. Place in the oven on the rack directly above the water bath. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until the edges are set and the middle is slightly jiggly. 4. Once the cheesecake is done, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door cracked. This will allow the cheesecake to cool slowly. Remove after 30 minutes then allow to cool on the counter for 15 minutes before placing in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours. 5. Slice and Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Strawberry Sauce
- 1 lb Strawberries Cut
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1. Remove the stem from the strawberries and cut each strawberry into 3- 4 pieces. 2. Place cut strawberries, sugar and lemon juice into a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.3. Let cool and place into an airtight container.
Leave a Reply