There is nothing I love more than a simple and easy dessert, but one that’s also delicious. This strawberry galette is made with perfectly sweet fresh strawberries, tossed in a bit of sugar and baked till golden brown. I like to finish it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Bring on all the summer fruit desserts! In the warmer months there is nothing I love more than fruit desserts topped with a big ol’ scoop of vanilla. This Easy Strawberry Galette is made with fresh strawberries which is the perfect and easy dessert to bring to all of your summer gatherings.
- Made with fresh strawberries
- Easy crust recipe
- Easy and Delicious
- The perfect summer recipe
- Homemade Pie Crust- Flour, Sugar, Salt and Butter to make an incredibly flaky galette dough.
- Fresh Strawberries– The perfect filling for this galette.
- Sugar– Gives the galette the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Flour– Thickens the strawberry mixture.
Tips for perfect galette crust
Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure that your galette crust comes out buttery, flaky and perfect every time.
- Work with super cold butter. It helps if you pop your cubed butter in the freezer for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Add cold water in a little at a time. Adding a little at a time helps to make sure you don’t end up with a super sticky wet dough.
- Work butter in to dough. The butter should be pea-size before adding in water.
All Butter Pie Crust
I love an all butter crust for so many reasons but the main one being, it’s delicious! Just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand. Mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl then cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients. Butter should be about the size of a pea. Slowly add in water until the dough just comes together then turn onto a floured surface. Knead the dough until it just starts to come together then roll in a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to chill for at least 1 hour.
Looking for more recipes?
Easy Strawberry Galette
A quick and easy alternative to pie, this strawberry galette is absolutely perfect.
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cubed
- 1/4 cup Ice Cold Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 egg yolk+ 1 teaspoon Water for crust
- 3 1/2 cup Strawberries Sliced
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until pea sized pieces form. Slowly add in cold water until the dough just comes together. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough fully comes together. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. When ready to bake, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sliced strawberries, sugar and flour together. Set aside until dough is rolled out.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 9 inch circle. Transfer the pie circle to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Spoon strawberries into the middle of the galette then fold in the edges slightly over the strawberries. Brush the edges with the egg yolk/ water mixture. Sprinkle with sugar in the raw then bake for 35-40 minutes or until the curst is golden brown.
6. Enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.