This Easy Raspberry Shortcake Recipe is so easy to make, absolutely delicious and the perfect Easter dessert. This recipe is bursting with fresh raspberries, sitting on top of whipped cream and sweet homemade buttery biscuits. This is the perfect spring fruit recipe!
Fruit Shortcake Biscuits Recipe
Now this recipe is made with delicious and ripe raspberries however you can certainly make this with strawberries as well. I feel like the raspberries just go so perfect with the slightly sweet biscuit and fluffy whipped cream. This has been a favorite around here lately and I’ve already been requested to make this for this for the Easter Dessert Table.
How to make fruit shortcake biscuits
Because this is a biscuit recipe, you’ll want to be sure you start out with super cold butter and buttermilk. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add in cubed butter and cut into the flour using a pastry cutter. Once butter is properly mixed in, it should be the size of a pea. Don’t worry if you have a few bigger pieces in the mix.
Pour the buttermilk into the dry ingredients and butter and mix until just combined. Pour the dough onto a floured surface then knead until the dough comes together. Roll the dough then fold each end into the middle, roll again and repeat this step 3 more times. Roll until you create a rectangle.
Cut the biscuit dough into 9 equal squares. Brush with heavy cream and top with sugar in the raw. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until biscuits are just golden brown.
Easy Raspberry Shortcake Recipe
This raspberry dessert recipe is perfect for all of your spring and summer gatherings. The biscuits and whipped cream can be made the night before and stored in an airtight container. I would toss the raspberries in the sugar a few minutes before serving so they aren’t too mushy.
Looking for similar recipes?
Raspberry Shortcake Biscuits
- 1 Pastry Cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Bench Scraper
- 2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, cubed cold
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Sugar
- 2 cup Raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1. Cut and cube butter then place in the freezer for 10 minutes. While the butter is chilling, Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Using the pastry cutter, cut butter into the dry ingredients. Once butter is broken down into pea sized pieces add in the buttermilk, then mix until well combined. 3. Pour the dough onto a floured surface and knead until dough comes together. Roll the dough into a rectangle. Fold both ends of the dough into the center then roll to smooth out the dough, repeat 2 more times. 4. Cut dough into 9 equal squares. Brush dough with heavy cream then sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until just golden brown.
- 1. In a medium bowl, add rinsed and dried raspberries then toss with sugar. Set aside.
- 1. Whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks.Assemble the biscuits by cutting the biscuits in half then spoon raspberries over the bottom biscuits followed by a dollop of whipped cream.