Muffins are one of my favorite go to breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning. These easy moist lemon raspberry muffins check all the boxes for the perfect muffins. Moist, flavorful and so easy to make.
Is there anything better than a perfectly domed moist muffin that’s also super flavorful? I’m so excited to share these muffins with you because they are surely one of my favorites. These muffins are perfectly sweet with a delicious lemon flavor and packed with raspberries. You’ll want to make a double batch of these because they will go fast.
Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Perfectly moist and soft
- Delicious lemon flavor
- Packed with raspberries
- So easy to make
How to make muffins
To make these incredible easy moist lemon raspberry muffins you’ll need 2 bowls. Start out by whisking together the dry ingredients such as flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Scoop into muffin pan and bake for 5 minutes at 400 then 10-15 minutes at 350.
Tips and Tricks for perfect muffins
- Don’t over mix your batter. Be sure not to over mix your batter otherwise you’ll end up with a tough crumbly muffin.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Be sure your eggs and sour cream are at room temperature before adding to the batter. It helps the batter come together better and you won’t have to over mix.
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest. Trust me the flavor will be so much better using a fresh lemon. I zest the lemon first then cut it in half to juice it.
- Flour your raspberries. Tossing your raspberries in with the
- Don’t forget to bake them at a higher temperature for a few minutes. Baking the muffins at a higher temp for a few minutes will help the batter rise quickly causing that perfectly domed top.
- Store your muffins in an airtight container. Be sure to properly store your muffins in an airtight container. Muffins will stay fresh for up to 2 days.
Looking for more muffin recipes?
Moist Lemon Raspberry Muffins
Moist and fluffy lemon muffins packed with fresh raspberries
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tray with liners or spray with non stick baking spray. Mix the streusel by mixing the butter, sugar and flour together then set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Mix until well combined. Toss in the raspberries and coat with the flour mixture. Set aside.
3. In a seperate mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs until just combined. Add in the sour cream and mix until completely combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry then gently fold until the batter is fully combined but being sure not to overmix.
5. Using a medium scoop, scoop heaping scoops of batter into the muffin pan. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes then drop the oven temperature doen to 350 and allow the muffins to bake for an additional 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.